Chocolate bark is my go-to when I want to make someone a sweet treat as a gift. It’s super simple to make and there are so many different variations, so you can really make it your own.
(Please note, there may be affiliate links throughout this post. If you purchase anything through these links, I will receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you. You can read my disclosure policy here)
You’ll need 12 ounces of good quality chocolate. I prefer milk chocolate for this recipe, but you can go with dark or even white! Find yourself some Valentine’s Day sprinkles, like Wilton’s Heart Sprinkles.
- 12 ounces chocolate of choice (chips or bark)
- Valentine-themed sprinkles.
- Melt chocolate in either a double boiler or in the microwave. If you using the microwave, heat in 30 second increments and stir each time. Be careful not to overheat.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper and using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate evenly until it’s about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Pour Valentine’s Day sprinkles on top of mixture and press down a bit.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
I love all the ways you can package chocolate bark as well. You can place bark into mason jars or a decorative box for a gift.