Decorating for Christmastime is always something I really look forward to doing. It has become a family tradition and it really brings the magic of Christmas alive for my daughter. Farmhouse style tends to be my favorite aesthetic, so naturally my Christmas decorations reflect that.
I try to be as frugal as possible, however, so I like a good DIY option rather than spending a ton of money on decorations. I’ve found 12 adorable DIY farmhouse Christmas decor tutorials that I’d love to share!
Please note, there may be affiliate links in this post.
1. Christmas Chalk Pen Galvanized Buckets from Finding Home Farms
This is an adorable farmhouse Christmas decor idea! You can recreate this look by using a white paint pen on galvanized buckets. Add your own touch to the look with ribbon or fabric and stuff them with pine or even poinsettias!
2. Reindeer String Art by Clean and Scentsible
I’ve never really seen string art before, but this reindeer project really caught my eye. This is something I defintely need to explore!
3. Button Garland by One Thousand Oaks
I think this is a really cute idea for DIY garland on a farmhouse-inspired Christmas tree.
4. Dried Orange Garland by Hearth and Vine
I’m pretty obsessed with this idea from Hearth and Vine. I love the idea of dried fruit garland on a Christmas tree. It’s sort of an ode to the old days when fruit was hung as Christmas ornaments. How beautiful would this look on a tree?
5. Vintage Inspired Farm Sign Ornaments by Little Blue Boo
I love these DIY Christmas ornaments by Little Blue Boo! They defintely scream “farmhouse” and the tutorial is great.
6. Free Christmas Printable by Crafty Berry Bush
I love a good free printable! It’s such a simple, inexpensive way to decorate your home. Pop it in a frame, and you’re good to go.
7. DIY Farmhouse Christmas Wreath by The Idea Room
How beautiful is this wreath? You can create so many beautiful wreaths starting with a simple grapevine wreath as your base! Check out the tutorial over at The Idea Room.
8. DIY Farmhouse Christmas Ornament by The Latina Next Door
These may be my favorite DIY ornament tutorials. I love the little rustic frames. They would defintely look adorable in a Christmas tree.
9. DIY Farmhouse Porch Planter by Shanty 2 Chic
This DIY farmhouse planter is a really cute idea for a porch. I think this would look great with a planter on either side of a front door.
10. Reindeer Names Sign (Printable) by The Girl Creative
Here is another free printable that you can simply frame. This is a creative idea by The Girl Creative.
11. DIY Metal and Wood “Noel” Christmas Sign from Bless’er House
This may be my favorite tutorial on the list! How cute is this Noel sign?
12. Wood Slice Ornament Banners from Houseful of Handmade
Finally, we have wood slice ornament banners to hang in a Christmas tree. I really like this idea! You can find mini wood slices here.
Are you going to DIY any of these farmhouse Christmas decor ideas? Let me know in the comments! Merry Christmas!